Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Child fell from height, got consciousness after months, not able to speak, walk. Effective treatment?

Hi Drs, I have query. May I ask you for good suggestion. My 4 yrs old daughter fall down from second floor of roof 9 months ago. She got head injury . She was admitted in CMS hospital Vellore. After 3 months she comes conscious. And now she is able to eat food from her mouth. She remembered every thing like before but she is not able to speak and walk. What should we do? Please give us the good suggestion where we can find best treatment? Thanks Drs, Ritesh Singh
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. The history suggested by you points towards TBI [traumatic brain injury]
2. As trauma causes injury to the motor cortex, the brain stem and the cerebellum, a person often experiences a weakness.
. Physiotherapy can help with these problems by keeping the muscles moving and re-training your body to adopt a more 'normal' posture.
3. Damage, particularly to one of the cranial nerves, can result in dysarthria [the muscles needed for articulation of speech become weak and un-coordinated, as such speech become slurred, slower or quieter than normal.
. A speech and language therapist can help the patient relearn basic muscle movements, and improve the quality of speech.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor