Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child feels wet in genital area. History of holding urine. Negative for UTI. Need a urologist?

Hi - I have a 5 yr old daughter who is always complaining about feeling wet in her pee area and butt area. She goes to the bathroom over and over trying to dry herself. I have checked and don t feel that anything is wet. I feel it s all in her mind. Her previous history - she has always held her urine until she has to go very bad. One day last month, she had to go pee over and over, just a little bit was coming out but very frequently. This happened for a few hours. We took her to the doctor and tested for a UTI which came out negative. Since then, she doesn t hold it in for so long however this new situation of feeling wet all the time has started. Please advise. Do you feel I need to take her to a Urologist?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I am of the opinion that you should wait and watch. If you feel that she is not wet then the best course would be to keep her engaged so that her mind is diverted to other things. However ensure that she passes urine at regular intervals and her personal hygiene is maintained.

Despite the above mentioned approach she still complains then the best course would be to get an ultrasound done and then see a doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.


Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor