Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Child experiences stinging when liquid comes in contact with face, gets red welts. Cure?

My 5 year old son since he was born when ANYTHING touches his face that is liquid like he gets red blotchy skin that he says stings when I try to clean it. At first when he was a baby it would be ketchup or dressing and now it has not gotten any better but worse. Now if he so much as wipes mucus across his face he gets red welts. Is this going to go away?????
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

He might be suffering from atopic dermatitis.

It is a chronic allergic condition.

Try to use plain petroleum jelly.

It is most non irritating thing.

He should get relief with this.

Also it will form a barrier so any chemicals wont come in contact with his skin.

Please meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor