Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child doesn't feel on making bowel movemnet. Has Goldenhar Syndrome, had surgery for twisted intestine, face. How can it be corrected?

My granddaughter is 7 years old. She does not feel it when she makes a bowel movement . She has Goldenhar Syndrome and was born with a twisted intestine which was corrected at 6 days old. She has had 10 facial surgeries. Had feeding tube for 13 months after birth. The bowel situation when going into 3rd grade is becoming an emotional problem.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Dear
Thanks for your query,
My suggestion at least to alleviate the symptoms;-
*Use excess Fiber in food like (fruits without peeling, avoid Maida, Excess sugar,excess diluted Honey,plenty of water.
**Try to make once daily particular timings for defecation.(encourage her to strain for some time daily)
*** Use some lubricant jelly locally. (In & around the anus) before straining so that there is should be some stimulation to anal part of the intestine.
Hope you will be in better position.

Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor