Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Child diagnosed with ASD. Suggested with open heart surgery. Any other treatments?

Hi Dr, My daughter has been diagnosed with ASD (2.3 cm) recently she is 2.5 years old. We have been advised that open heart surgery is the option for her. My question to you is Dr that is there another option for her? and is this something which we should wait for or get it done asap her weight is 12 kg? And do you think we should have any precautions in place for her like stopping day care?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
ASD is 4 types- primum , secundum, ivc , svc type
if your child with secundum type , then you can go for device closure ( as it is per cutaneous recovery will be fast and there will no scar mark on chest , scar mark can create problem in future married life of ur daughter) , but it is slight costly.
your daughter will suffer with recurrent cold and cough ( for prevent it vaccinate all vaccine and prevent exposure of cold)
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor