Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Child diagnosed as calcaneal valgus, knee hurting. Should go for subtalar spacer (STS) implant?

My 6 year old son has been told that he has calcaneal valgus . He has been complaining about his knee hurting and they have pushed it off to growing pains!!! Was told if it keeps hurting to bring him back in so that what we have done so the dr sent us to a podiatry and he told us that my son has calcaneal valgus and that we had 2 options which was inserts or putting in a sts Subtalar spacer implant so we are really at a stand still not sure what to do!! can you please give me some advice and some more info on it.. I am tired of seeing him in pain it has gotton so bad that it wakes him up in the middle of the night crying in his sleep.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
flexible flat feet occur in 50 percent of children and are usually painless. 23 percent of adults have flat feet. if the feet are flat and painless they do not require any treatment. if they are flat and stiff or painful your son should see an orthopaedist and have XRays and possibly an MRI or CT scan as there are diagnosis such as tarsal coalition and juvenile idiopathic arthritis that can present in this way. the pain in his knee may or may not be related to his foot problem.
Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor