Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child bruised. Had a dent and dimple close by. Permanent? Cure available?

Hi. My son fell and hit his cheek on a table a few weeks ago and still has a bruise . When he smiles, he now has a dent/dimple right where the bruise is, which he never had before. There is also a small lump under the skin by the bruise. Is there a cure for this? Is this permanent? What kind of pediatric specialist should I take him to see?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
due to trauma,bruise might have formed.
the small lump could be a hematoma , collection of blood.
It is not permanent.
It will come down gradually.
dimpling may also come down.
You should consult a paediatric surgeon for treatment and follow up.
wish him speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 3 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor