Child born with high bilirubin levels. Visible vein on the face. Phototherapy needed. Is it possible to detect kernicterus induced brain damage?

child was born with mildly elevated bilirubin . Now age 5 and still has apparent bilirubin-like redness and 1.5cm visible vein on face (about 1-2 inches above center of eyebrows). Barely noticeable until blood pressure rises from heavy exercise or high ambient temperature. Newborn also has similar residual redness same spot, but no visible vein. Middle child has darker complexion , but no indication of any residual issue, but had required phototherapy as infant. 1) Is this really bilirubin-related? 2) Is there a test to see if a child had prior minimal Kernicterus induced brain damage , if there s such a thing as a very small impact?
Tue, 5 Mar 2013