Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Child born with birth mark. Done laser treatment. Has one eye closed more than other. Should I be alarmed?

My baby was born with large birth mark on side of face and back of head and down her arm she has been tested fir her eyes which r good and she is developing well she has had one lazer which responded well yesterday and occasionally she seem To have one eye closed more than the other she is 4 mths old should I be alarmed
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response

To have one eye closed more than the other consistently, is a sign of 'ptosis'. While this is not something to be alarmed about, it does need an evaluation by your ophthalmologist and he might refer it to a neurologist. There is no urgency to treat this condition as long the vision is perserved (as mentioned by your doctor who tested her eyes).

Please contact me if you need any clarifications.

Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor