Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Child born deaf. MRI report saying abnormal single intensity areas in the right ethmoid air cells due to sinus inflammatory disease. Is there a cure for this?

My child is deaf by birth, we have done different test and they showed Profound hearing Loss , few days ago we did MRI and as per report (Abnormal singal intensity areas noted in the right ethmoid air cells which appearing hyperintense on T2WI likely due to sinus inflammatory disease), kindly give the detailed reply and is their any treatment for this.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for contacting HCM
your child is deaf having the profound hearing loss required the meticulous hearing evaluation to rule out conductive hearing loss or sensorineural hearing loss . most probably if the age of your child is less than one ear may have the SN loss and in profound hearing loss require the cochlear implant.Best to again consult ENT specialist for better diagnosis and treatment.

DR Hariom Sharma
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor