Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Child birth through C-section, back pain, discomfort. Taking codeine, paracetamol. Treatment?

Hi I gave birth to twins 6 months ago and got to 38 weeks and their birth weights were 7lb 6oz and 7lb. Since my c. Section I have had back pain however it has increasingly got worse within the last 8 weeks. It is on my right handside lower back. It is so uncomftable and painful and codeine or parecetomol doesn t help.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
History noted, My suggestion is to follow some simple exercises and postural techniques. The relief will be gradual and makes you comfortable. Use a pillow under your thighs while sleeping, which straightens your back. Sit erect so that your back is straight while feeding as well as relaxing.Drink a cup of milk daily before going to sleep. For time being till you getting used to the modifications mentioned above, use pain relieving topical ointment twice a day.
Good day.
Answered: Wed, 22 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
this type of pain occurs due to relaxation of ligaments during pregnancy. this shall be taken care of in case u take some medicine with glucosamine sulphate, chymoral forte and muscle relaxant like tizanidine. add gabapentin 300 mg twice daily to this regime,.
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor