Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Child being hit on the chest. Having pain. No swelling or bruise. Need to go to doctor?

last week while my 3 1/2 year old toddler in Taekwondo class, this psycho kid took taekwondo punching pad and hit my son s chest using its edges. The instructor and i heard this SCARY LOUD HITTING SOUND, we turn around and heard my son kept saying ouch holding his left chest for a few minutes. He was in pain. When I lifted his shirt, we can see the imprints of the edges of the pad on him. He appeared to be OK afterwards and since then. But from time to time, I would feel his left ribs for signs of problems. It is a hit and miss. Sometimes he would say ouch and sometimes he feels no pain. I am not sure what to do right now. there are no bruises nor swelling .
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Please get a plain X- ray of his chest done to rule out rib fracture or injury to his lungs. If it is normal, then we are safe.

I wish him speedy recovery.

Answered: Fri, 6 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor