Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Child affected by cystitis. E-coli bacteria present in urine culture. How can it be cured?

hi. my child has a problem of cystitis . we have consulted two paediatricians. they took two ultra sonography. finally the result says my child affected by cystitis. now he is taking Azibest 100 antibiotics . please advise me how to proceed further. first two urine culture test showed there are some E-coli bacteria present. third culture test says there is no organism seen. please advise me to save my child.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

Urinary tract infection (cystitis being a part of it) is a problematic condition. As your child is taking antibiotics, do continue it under the doctor's supervision for as long as it is advised. It is encouraging to learn that the last culture report has been sterile.

Your child needs to be constantly followed up and have a urine routine done frequently and culture as and when required to rule out a recurrence. If the culture shows growth then an antibiotic based on the sensitivity report need to be started. In case of recurrence the doctor will put your child on a small dose of antibiotic for a long period.

It is also pertinent to stress up the hygiene of the genitalia which should not be overlooked.

Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor