Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Child advised surgery for deviated nasal septum. Advice?

Hi, One of my kids is advised to go through a surgery after showing his CT Scan report. Can you please advise? Here are the details of the CT scan report. CTSCAN PARA NASAL SINUSES Nasal septum is deviated to right. Polypoidal mucosal thickening is seen in bilateral maxillary sinuses. Bothf frontal,ethmoidal and sphenoid sinuses are clear. Sinus bony walls intact ans shows no remodeling. Both osteo-metal complexes is patent. Soft tissues are normal. IMPRESSION: DNS TO RIGHT POLYPOIDAL MUCOSAL THICKENING IN BILATERAL MAXILLARY SINUSES. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for the query.
The report confirms deviated nasal septum (DNS) to right. Definite treatment of DNS is surgery to correct the deviated part. As DNS leads to recurrent infections it will be right choice if he suffers regular nasal infection.
Secondly its a very minor procedure and he will be discharged on the same day.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 28 Feb 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor