Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child. Painful, purple, bruised lump on forehead. Histroy of hit. No vomitting etc. Need visit to doctor?

My 4 year old son hit his head (front left forehead) REALLY hard - had a huge egg on his head. We iced it on and off for the whole day. There was no vomiting, no lethargia, nothing unusual, except he kept saying his head hurts. It's now 8 days later and he is still saying his 'bump' hurts. He won't let me touch it at all. It's now a purple bruise, and very little bump. Do I need to take him to the doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
After injury it sometimes takes 2 to 3 weeks for hematoma to settle.
This is good that he was active after injury.
No need to worry.
Keep applying ice 1 to 2 times a day and give acetaminophen for pain relief.
If symptoms persist get him evaluated by pediatrician

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless..
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor