Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Chicken pox marks on forehead, holes formed on scratching. Treatment for marks?

Hey I wanted a question to ask you a question. Concerning my chicken pox holes or whatever. So I had chicken pox when I was one and I m currently 15 years old. When I had chicken pox s I had them on my forehead , my mother said I scratched them Alot & after they went away they left a mark. That looks like punctured round holes. Is there any solution to this?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

hi, thanks for posting your query

you have post chicken pox scars,since 14 years,
Only medical treatment wont help much ,so you certain non invasive procedures.

Depending upon the depth and extent of scars the following options are available:

punch excision of the scars
Laser resurfacing with Fractional lasers
skin grafting

Hope this answers your query

Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mahendra Lohar's  Response
thank you for query,
chicken pox is viral infection due to depressed immunity. it should be treated by supportive treatment.
symptom of chicken pox are fever. rash all over the body with itching,loose motion, bodyche.
you should not scratch the lesion and take cetrizine apply betadiene or antiseptic in punctured hole.
thank you
Dr. mahendra
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor