Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Chest x-ray shows fibrotic bands in left lung. Blood test done. Prescribed medicines. Is it dangerous?

Hi , i am 35 years old , i had recently a chest xray , its shows fibrotic bands in left lung , right lung is clear , i was a smoker but not that much , my doctor advised me for some blood tests, there is tuberclosis is negative , ige serum level was 170 , nd tlc was 3.10 .. All other reports are fine... I hv no symptoms, but sometime i feel diffculty in breathing , its only when i m resting,may be i m thinking too much about this ., There is no any other prob, like cough, dyspenia, weight loss ., my doctor suggested me tab montek lc , and tab septallin ( himalya ayurvedic product) my doctor belongs to india.. I just wanna ask these fibrotic bands could be dangerous . I m so scared .. Plz tell me whats that
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. Regarding the damage to the lungs by smoking, we confront with two separate problem: First, the chance of malignancy (cancer) which does not happen much frequently and I hope you never have it. Second, is the formation of fibrotic bands n the lungs and losing the lung capacity. Although each of us lose about 30 ml of out lung capacity in every year, smokers lose up to 80 ml of their lung capacity each year. If it continues for several years, it gradually induces chronic bronchitis and may also lead to COPD which is chronic "obstruction" of pulmonary airways. You may cut down your smoking and also use more antioxidants (like vitamin C, green tea, etc) to slow down this process. I wish you the best health.
Answered: Fri, 15 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor