Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Chest pains, strange heartbeat after sex

I'm worried about the chest pains I have had for the last 1-2 months or so now. I waited a little while to see if they would disappear in time, but they didn't. I went to the hospital, and had ECG tests, and blood tests done. Neither should anything wrong. However, the pain is still there. Apparently it is not heart related, but I am not 100% convinced mentally.

I've also noticed that right after sex (usually after I have orgasmed), my heartbeat will be all over the place. It won't beat particularly fast, and feels like it stops beating for nearly more than a second sometimes. I need something to put my mind at ease.

Asked On : Sat, 15 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  379
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Since ECG does not show any abnormality but your symptoms are persisting you could get a tread mill test (TMT) done, where they make your heart work really hard and see if the symptoms occur or changes occur in ECG.
If TMT also does not show any abnormality then you can rest assured that you do not have any major cardiac problem.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Mon, 12 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor