Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Chest pain with burning sensation. Found granuloma in right lung through CT scan. Took medicine. Is this serious?

I was feeling chest pain and like burning sensation then i consulted with doctor 2 months back and i did CT Scan and found Granuloma in right lung lower part. then doctor told its just a infection and gave medicine. After that i consulted with him 2-3 times but problem still not recoverd, getting pain. is it any serious? please suggest
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi,Thanks for posting your query, The majority of granulomas are the result of an injury to the tissue, particularly as the result of infection. They can occur in the lungs, and their most common cause there is a fungal infection called histoplasmosis. Other conditions associated with granuloma formation include berylliosis, syphilis, sarcoidosis, Crohn’s disease, tuberculosis, Churg-Strauss syndrome, and Wegener’s granulomatosis.

The granuloma that forms as the result of these conditions is generally a calcified granuloma. This type contains deposits of calcium and usually takes time to develop, which means that most have been present in the body for a very long time before they are identified.

Another form is the granuloma inguinale, which is a bacterial infection of the genital area. It's caused by a bacteria called Calymmatobacterium granulomatis, and mostly affects individuals living in tropical and subtropical regions, such as Guyana, Southeast India, and New Guinea. In addition, this sexually transmitted bacteria affects men more often than women, particularly homosexual males. An individual with this disease develops blisters or lumps in the genital region, which ultimately become open sores. RRegards, Dr.Sharmila
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor