Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, vomiting when burping. Started smoking and working out. Related symptoms?

I am a 22 year old male and have had bouts of dull chest pain and gas (usually burping) for some time now. Sometimes I burp up a little bit of vomit I can taste in the back of my throat and the chest pain moves around my back between the shoulder blades to the shoulder joint and collar bone. I began smoking a few months ago and also started working out recently. Are my symptoms related to that and should I go to the ER or will a regular doctor visit do?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.

In all probabality you have deveolped "GERD" Gastro Eosophageal Reflux Disease as a result of Smoking.The pain in the chest is also related to smoking and partly due to work out in your Gym (Myalgia).
The best course of action is to stop SMOKING at the earliest/Now. In addition have H2 receptor antagonists such as Ranitidine/Antacids/ analgesics/Vitamin supplimentation/apply Rubifacients on the sholuder and chest areas.
If the above measures do not help you much, then try and consult an Internal Medicine Specialist for all Baseline Investigations including the X-Ray of the Part and follow the evidence based therapy.
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery.,
Best Regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor