Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, tender to the touch, arm discomfort. Gall bladder issue?

The past few months my chest on the left side has been hurting. I have a specific pain right where the breast bone and ribs meet and is tender to touch. My left arm feels like it s getting it s blood pressure taken constantly. On top of it, when I eat anything my stomach acts up and I get bad gas and indegestion this sometimes affects my chest, typically more dairy stuff. Coffee also really hurts my chest, I have no idea what s going on, I ve assumed it could be a gall bladder issue maybe? I m not sure.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Sierralv77 , greetings from
I am Dr Sourav Chakraborty and i have gone through your case scenario in detail and i will be answering your queries. You have not revealed your age or gender as we do take those into consideration , since how long are you having this symptoms ? I do believe you are suffering from multiple ailments . The pain you experience on your right as described by you , does the pain seem to arise superficially or from deeper structures , is it a sharp pain which you experience while moving or a low grade persistent pain through out with gradual increase in intensity while carrying out house hold activities , or it can be pain due to costochondritis -- pain in rib and sternal joints secondary to inflammatory changes . You did mention your left arm feels weak and "it s getting it s blood pressure taken constantly" this could be rarely due to peripheral vascular diseases , please get your blood pressure and request your doctor to record blood pressure in both the upper limbs, also if possible please get a doppler study for your limbs but only after you visit and consult your primary physician as i lack your clinical examination statistics which by itself very useful in your case. I don't know your lifestyle , dietary patterns and habits like smoking and alcohol consumption but this point of time i ask you concentrate on your other complaints and lead disciplined life with pantoprazole/omeprazole tablets which might relieve you of your stomach upsets. However i do believe , you need to consult your physician at the earliest there are problems and it definitely needs attention and your other co-morbid conditions like diabetes, hypertension, respiratory problem, thyroid disorders needs evaluation too . Hope i have been able to help you with your doubts and please do forgive me for grammatical errors , if any. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor