Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, panic attacks. What should I do?

Last year I started experiencing chest pain but went to the school nurse who said it was probably nothing and I can t speak to people up front so I left it at that and then it went away and then about 6 weeks ago it came back but this time I was so scared I some how manages to get panic attacks and now I suffer from them severely every day but I. Can t stop that because I have no access to any medical help because my parents don t let me leave the house with out them and I can t tell them because they will make a big fuss about nothing so I have no medical help Barr the school nurse who is convinced that I m fine when my gut instinct says otherwise I couldn t even tell my best friend about it for a long time even though I tell her everything. I couldn t bring myself to tell my other friends though. And I would rather die than tell my parents I didn t even tell them when I broke my wrist and even tjougj it hurt like hell I just held it all inside so when my gymnastics coach told my parents then she knew that I don t tell her anything when it comes to pain I suppose I have a very big pain threshold. And if you ve ever experienced panic attacks and anxiety you have to have a string pain threshold because even with me who can handle pain well finds it unbearable. So I suppose I have two questions to ask you 1. What should I do with my anxiety and panic attacks because they ate taking over my life and I really need to deal with them because I want to be a doctor and need the grades even though I m only doom GCSE and. 2. What do I do with the chest and stomach pain. Because I can t go to hospital because I can t even confront my mum and tell her about pain because she thinks I m invincible So so sorry this is so long but please help imimidiatly.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
How old are you? from the scenario you described, it seems that you are an introvert. you keep things to yourself. i would advise you to open up a little in front of your parents because they are your best friends. every parent will be in anxiety when they will learn that their child have some problem, nothing wrong with that. They are the best persons who will understand you and will try to give the best possible treatment.

I will advise you tell the symptoms you are having to your parents and donot panik. Nothing will happen. Behave like a grown up and face the challanges in life..thats what life is. you need to be seen by a physician/ doctor for clinical check up. do not worry...sometimes acidity/ gastritis can cause chest pain and these type of symptoms..

Be brave..go for it..tell everything to your parents
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor