Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, palpitations, panic attack. All test normal. Still feeling tightness, pain in left side. Suggestion?

I had chest pain , palpitations, and even a panic attack this month. All new symptoms that I never had before. It landed me in the ER but they found nothing wrong. Then I went to see a cardiologist and did an echo, did a stress test, and wore a 24 hr EKG monitor. All normal. The problem is I still feel tightness and pain in the left side of my chest. I also get a weird butterfly feeling in the same area at times, especially after exercise. What is wrong with me? I m only 33 and in excellent health. I exercise all the time and don t smoke and never have.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome to HCM ,
there are many causes of chest pain apart from heart related ,
if your EKG , Echo ,Stress test , 24 hrs holter are normal then chest pain is not due to heart related ,
do not panic ,
stay relax ,
eat good healthy food ,
eat fresh fruits ,
do stress relaxing yogas ,
do regular walking ,
take some pain killer for few days if required
take care
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM
After going through your history ,you are only 33 years of age and your symptoms and test which you hav egone through it very unlikely that you have significant heart disease but still as you say you get pain which is subjective feeling.
But if it makes you uncomfortable you can always take a second opinion from another cardiologist.
If you panic even a consultation with Psychiatrist would be appropriate ant anti anxiety or pain modulator medicine with mood elevator may solve your problem along with councelling.
If angina like pain persist a coronary angio/CT Angio may be done to see tate of coronary arteries.
Please do not worry at all ,
Please avoid stress and take up some yoga and meditation also.
Take care
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Considering your age, with normal EKG and other cardiac investigations, you are most likely suffering from Panic attacks.
You should consult with psychiatrist and should get proper treatment.
Treatment of panic attacks includes behavioral therapy and medical therapy.
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are the drug of choice along with anxiolytic medicine.
Get well soon.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Prasad Akole's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
I think you only have anxiety as all these tests almost rule out heart disease.
You could consider relaxing and diverting your mind to other activities and may seek a clinical psychologist's help.
I am sure this helps.You may be advised a mild tranquilizer under medical supervision.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor