Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Chest pain in centre of chest, trapped air, overweight. Medical attention required?

I have been experiencing a chest pain , mainly in the centre of my chest. It started whilst I was at work around 5pm. The pain would last about 5seconds then go. I managed to cycle home, but the pain persisted periodically all evening. I m still getting the pains this morning. It feels like trapped air. I m a 42 year old women, over weight, but I exercise five times a week (cycle to work every day and attend the gym 2-3 times a week). Do I need to see my GP or could I pick something up from a chemist?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

thanks for choosing health care magic

There are a few possibilities in your case firstly it could be a simple gastritis or the other it could be a myocardial ischemia ( heart attack ) .

It is generally difficult to distinguish between the two clinically

The option in your case would be to take an antacid / proton pump inhibitor such as Tab. pantoprazole 40 mg and immediately visit your doctor to rule out M I . Do not strain yourself

You might have to get an E C G and an enzyme test done .

Since your age and body weight are suggestive risk factors you will need to get yourself evaluated at the earliest.

Answered: Sun, 7 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor