Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, high B.P, fluid gain. Diagnosed with right coronary artery anomaly. Treatment options?

I was recently diagnosed with a right coronary artery anamoly. On top of this I have dilated cardiomyopathy and my ejection fraction is 32%. I'm in stage 3 heart failure. This time last year my EF was 30%, then after several months went up to 45%. I have had a lot of episodes of chest pain, high bp but increasing in episodes is sudden drops, fluid gain, and dizziness almost passing out. I had a MRI that showed heart damage caused by the RCA. I have had two different opinions as far as whether a bypass would help. I have no blockages. Both doctors have agreed sudden death is possible, but have also said this is rare and there's no evidence a bypass will help. At this point what are my options?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response

According to your saying, it is good to continue the therapy you are on the way, as it seems that is working fine in your case. Hope it will work for much longer!

I would advise to get a scheduled follow-up by a cardiologist in order to determine if you need further surgical treatment or not.

Please bare in mind that the most important thing in your heart problems management is the medication therapy. With regards to surgery, it would play a role in improvement of quality of life.

All the best!
Answered: Sat, 19 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor