Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, have regurgative mitral valve prolapse and back pain. Headache, light headedness. Should I seek immediate attention?

Since last night I ve been experiencing deep stinging pain slightly right of my middle chest; directly between breasts. Im 51 yrs old, 5 6, 200lbs, no exercise, smoker, regurgative mitro-valve prolapse , and chronic back/cervical pain patient. I have not been able to sleep more than 3 hrs in a 24hr period for abt a week now and have no been eating hardly anything at all for about 4-5 days now. No other symptoms except for a slight headache and lightheadedness . Father - massive MI at 63, mother - congestive heart failure , died from organ shutdown aft heart valve replacement at age 73. I also have an intrathecal pain pump - dilaudid. Can I wait for apt w/ my cardiologist or should I be more concerned and seek immediate attention (i.e., 911)?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
your chest pain history is not classically suggestive of heart problem but
seeing your present profile inform of your age , weight , your addiction of smoking , sedantary life style , positive family history and having chest pain , i advice not to neglect it and consult your cardiologist and get evaluated for chest pain
take care
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor