Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, feels dizziness. Is it related to gastroenterology or cardiology?

My dad is 66 and past few days he is severly having a kind of pain above his chest and at the bottom of his neck (Location). This occurs while he is out under sun, or it comes after having normal meal (nowdays he is having very light food) or when climbing staircase or walking fast. It is a sort of pain were he feels something holding tightly in the above said location and immediately he feels dizeness. Some time he have this discomfort inside his head exactly behind his ears. Need your suggestion whether its related to gastroenterology or cardiology .
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear anish2win Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. Medicine is full of complexities and it is really something like most probable diagnosis not the most definite diagnosis when we talk of symptoms and asks for a opinion.
To the bst of y knowledge, I would vote for a cardiac cause in a 66 year old patient complaining of pain in chest which increases on walking fast or climbing stairs. Feeling dizzy is also suggestive of impaired blood supply to brain --- may be due to a cardiac cause.I would advise you for a complete evalation by a cardiologist. As soon as we have a possible diagnosis we can think of treatment options. i hope this answers your concern. Do let me know if I can help you further int his regard Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor