Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, difficulty breathing, high pulse rate. History of colon problems. Cardiac symptoms?

Hi I was on boiled food for two weeks. I ate last week alot of food red meat...etc I always have colon problem, Last week i went to the hospital E&R i had chest pain difficult breathing if i talked and fast heartbeats they said my troponon t is .0260 , it got to 0.0100 next day. Is that cardic problem or not.? Male 29 167 74.5kg
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for your concerns. Elevated cardiac troponins always mean that there has been some degree of cardiac damage, the main issue is to determine if this is due to blocked arteries of the heart or not. You should undergo a more extensive evaluation by a cardiologist, who will likely order either a stress test or an angiogram to elucidate things further.

Truly yours,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Sat, 1 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor