Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, coughing, fever. What to do?

Hello, I have been sick for over a week and just haven t improved. I ve actually gotten worse. I have chest pain and I literally cough every second of the day. Sometimes its a deep, body wretching cough and most the time it is like a weird high pitched cough. My chest hurts and it keeps me up and night and I now have a fever . I don t know what to do.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
It`s high time you went for some basic investigations like Hb, TLC, DLC, ESR, AEC, Sputum test-gram stain and ZN stain and a chest x ray. The pain could be because of laryngotracheobronchitis or it could be pneumonia or could be because of excessive coughing. If all tests are normal, take a course of antibiotics, some pain killer and cough syrup after consulting your GP. If tests show up anything you may either post them on HCM or go to your GP.
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor