Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, breathing problem, brain fog after placing gold crowns in mouth. Is it due to mercury?

My son had problems after 2 gold crowns were placed in his mouth abutting mercury fillings. Severe back pain , numb tingling in arms legs and head, chest pains, problems breathing insomnia and the list goes on. Brain fog was also very severe. Gold crowns were cut out and symptoms subsided almost immediately. We went ahaed and removed four large mercury fillings and the next day he had brain fog, flu like symptoms and back and chest pains and the following day we ended up in emergency as he would just fog over and could hardly speak or move when tha waves hit him. He would cry uncontrolably and he knew when it was going to happen. Cat scan was normal as was blood work but they wouldnt test blood mercury levels. Doctors say it is all a coinsidence and he has sezures but it has not reoccurred. Is this from the neuro toxin called mer ury ?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical symptoms i suspect that you have developed toxicity to mercury, but to confirm this you need to get a blood mercury analysis done.
Also visit to the Physician and get complete physical evaluation done, if present with toxicity you can start with the treatment, diuretics can be given to remove the amount of mercury from the body.

Hope this helps out.


Answered: Sun, 28 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
hello and welcome,
it can be due to mercury toxicity which is also called as pink disease/acrodynia/swift's disease.
but the final diagnosis can be made only after getting the result of blood mercury level investigations.
some primary measures to be taken are-
1.resuscitation and maintenance of vital functions-ensure patent airway,adequate ventilation,give artificial respiration as needed,maintain bp and heart beat,maintain body temperature,maintain blood sugar level.
2.termination of exposure or decontamination by removing the patient to fresh air,induction of gastric lavage.
3.prevention of absorption of ingested poisons.
4.hastening elimination of the poison by inducing diuresis.
hope your son get well soon.
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sapna Purwaha's  Response
yes it may be mecury toxity .give your son a lot of fluid and
get d blood mercury level checked as soon ad posible.dont panic
treatment is realy afective your son will be fine soon.
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor