Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Chest pain. Should I do investigation by a cardiologist?

Hi there. I am 27 years old. For several years now (about 5) I have had a dull, mild, uncomfortable left chest pain . Not associated with exercise. But pretty constant. Also, a pain in my left wrist . I went a few years ago to the docs and had an EKG and it was apparently normal. Although I was only hooked up to it for like 1 minute. I was told I had a heart murmer the first time I went. Then, apparently, the next time I went I didnt. Should I go back and request a full investigation by a cardiologist? I honestly do think my body is trying to tell me I have a heart problem. What do you think? Thank you Doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

At this young age, congenital heart disease is the most likely cause.
Some heart murmurs can and do disappear.
Probably, a small hole was there and got closed.

The best option is to see a cardiologist - have physical examination / ECG / ECHOcardiogram & basic blood tests.
It is better to have it examined than go on guessing. You are young and have many happy years ahead. Get tested / get reassured.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor