Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, EKG showed anterolateral abnormalities. Back and shoulder pain. Should I go to ER?

I am a 25 year old female, I was having chest pains at work so I checked my heart rate it was 123, blood pressure was 144/77 and then we did an EKG which came back saying nonspecific anterolateral t abnormalities. I went into my doctor the same day who did another EKG and he is sending me to a Cardilogist for a stress test and also sending me out to see if I had a blood clot possibly break loose and traveling up to my heart. All weekend long I had severe upper back pain and left arm and shoulder pain. Today I am having lighter chest pains with SOB. Heart diseases runs in both sides of my family. Should I go to the ER or should I wait and get my stress test done to see what that states?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
I feel it is wiser to go to ER for evaluation & observation considering the history.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor