Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, BP high. Advised to undergo angiography. Is there any other way to detect the cause?

hi. I am a 40 year old male with normal weight and BMI , fairly active lifestyle and do not have any other health conditions. occasional drinker. don t smoke . i have had an episode of chest pain 2 days ago (on lest side ,not behind sternum bone, without associated arm heaviness.) this happened at night when i was preparing to sleep. i drove to the ER and my ecg was done which came out normal. however my BP was high (150/100) i was given one antacid medication and restyl tablet for anxiety. i soon felt better and came home. next day again in the afternoon i had similar symptoms and again my bp was high (150/100) i took rest whole day and again checked my bp and it came normal. i do not have any anxiety issues. and i don t lead a hectic lifestyle. next day morning, i was returning home from chores and despite a/c being on in the car, i did sweat more than usual, enough to soak my shirt in the back. at this time i had no chest pain, in fact i was feeling better than the last two days, but my bp again came out high .i got a few blood tests done ( lipid and sugar) and been to a cardiologist . they did a 2d echo and ecg and both were normal. troponin levels were also normal. now I m advised to undergo angiography. i really don t understand what s happening. why is my bp shooting up and is there any other way to detect the cause than to have to undergo invasive angiography? looking forward to your opinion. thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you might be having Unstable angina giving you this problem.
In this condition EKG might be normal.
Your blood pressure is high so it requires evaluation.
It is better to go for Angiography rather than Treadmill test.
Go for S.cholesterol and Lipid profile as well.
Consult Cardiologist and go for investigations.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor