Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Chest pain. Angiography shows blocked grafts. Medicine or surgery needed? History of bypass surgery

Hi.. I am Manish from India, the query is for my mother aged 58 yrs. She had bypass in 2006 (three grafts), but recently she again had started experiencing pain in chest , after performing angiography , the report says 2 grafts are blocked out of three...So my query is can the blockage of artries can be cleared by medicine or one more bypass surgery or any other no risk alternative
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
after bypass venous graft may block after few years , if person get symptoms as your mother has now and angiogram shows blockage in that case graft can be stented or native artery block also can be stented and is depend on anatomy of coronary artery and will be decided by your cardiologist in consultation with you , so consult cardiologist and follow his advice .
give medicine regularly to your mother ,
good sugar control if she is diabetic ,
low fat diet ,
avoid exertion after food ,
avoid strain of any type
bypass will be last choice
take care
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor