Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Chest may have a torn muscle, painful when moved. Need a physio?

Hello I m a 32 year old male and for quite sometime now I have had a problem in the right side of chest . I went to my GP and had chest x- ray , blood tests and urine sample which all came back clear . It just won t go away though I m thinking its a badly torn muscle, because when I sneeze it really pulls and is really quite painful ! I m an electrician and can work ok , certain movements can be painful though . Getting comfortable in bed at night can also be difficult . I would say I have had this problem 6 months maybe more . Do you think I need physio ? Many thanks Marc
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Marc,

Thanks for ypur query. I agree that your issue sounds muskuloskeletal in origin, likely a persistent muscle strain. In an integral fashion, the best specialist to take a look would be a Sports and Rehabilitation specialist, since they can prescribe specific rehabilitation maneuvers but also determine if additional medication, including local steroid injections, might be benefitial.

Hope this helps, wish you the best health, blessings

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor