Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Chest infection, congestion, autistic child, chymoral forte safe to give ?

Can I give chymoral forte to my six year old son He is on the autistic spectrum He is having frequent chest infections Bad congestion
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  329
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. I would like to know whether some doctor prescribed chymoral forte or you want to try over the counter. there are so many drugs to liquify and expel the mucous of the respiratory tract.
Chymoral forte is usually used for badly effected lung tissues. Six years boy having persistant cough means he must be having either allergic cough or tuberculosis.
So iadvise you to consult a pediatritian for excluding tuberculosis. allergic cough could be trachi bronchitis of the new born it starts in the early child hood like months of age. and cleared by the age of 6 or 7years of age. They wont get after that.
If the cough started after the age of 3years it lasts for life, when ever he is exposed to substances allergic to him he will start coughing, and needs treatment.
For these people there are drugs like montelecast and long acting steroids which will minimise the cough, or stop the cough.
So i advise you to consult a physician for exact diagnosis and treatment .
Wishing for a quick recovery and thanks for calling.
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor