Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Chest fat or Gynecomastia, what to do ?

I m 20 years old, with 88 Kilos and 186 High. I have had chest fat or gynecomastia (don t know which one) for 4 years now. there is a soft spongy area under my nipple region. i don t know whether it is gynecomastia or not. i have been working out for 1 year still no change in my chest region. I am a fresh student at Medicine school now. my friends are teasing me, its like a gun shot through my chest. please suggest a cure. I don t intend to do surgery as it is not possible for me to get the cash for it, I don t do drugs at all and neither alcohol cause I m a Muslim, I used Asthma Inhaler since I was 2 years old, non of my family had the same problem, my doctor gave me AndroGel I m using it for 3 weeks now with no effect at my chest, and yeah I forget to mention that my muscles won t grow and I don t know why.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  600
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi: I suppose you have gynecomastia. Dont use androgel before any hormonal evaluation as it can cause more harm than good. I may suggest to get your hormonal tests done. For further details and contacts log on to
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks for replay
I did some tests and my Endocrinologist said there was a slight increase of my Estrogen
I'm using androgel for 3 weeks now but without any effects my chest didn't become smaller and my muscles too.
I forgot to tell you that when I get colder it shrinks
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor