Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Chest discomfort, feeling of something trapped inside, inhaled peppermint candy. Aspiration pneumonia possible?

My spouse inhaled a peppermint candy after he had it in his mouth for around 3 minutes yesterday around 12pm. He refused to get checked out and now a day later he describes some chest discomfort and feels something trapped. I am thinking it might be in a bronchial tube, I m afraid he might develop aspiration pneumonia . Is it possible it can dissolve over a few days and clean itself up?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  788
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
No this is not possible to get it dissolve there and mind you don't try it at home. Rush to pulmonalogist or ENT surgeon near by you and who have much experience on Rigid bronchosopy. first of all get chest X ray and take physician opinion if above mention facility not available there.
Answered: Sun, 27 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor