Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Chest congestion, feeling of something stuck, discomfort on swallowing. Treatment?

Two days ago I ate a small piece of very hot salmon (right out of the pan) and now my chest feel like there is a lump of food stuck in the same area where I felt the burning food two day ago. It does not burn but it feel as though something is stuck there and when swallowing liquid or eating food I am having an uncomfortable feeling.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Yes, hot and spicy food can cause inflammatory changes in the food pipe. These changes are responsible for sensation of some food stuck in the food pipe. The sensation however would resolve in a few days to a week.

So do not worry. Take soft and less spicy diet and wait for a few days. If symptoms persist for more than a week you need to get an endoscopy done to rule out other possibilities.

Hope this answers your query.

Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor