Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Cheeks inside mouth, tongue peeling off and skin is inflamed. Why does body also itch?

I have for a year now , my cheeks inside the mouth like peeling off skin also feels a litle inflamated and vains are now noticesable on both sides were the vains are visable i have a small lump of meat that i can feel,wich I never had before this year period .my tounge also gets red on the tip and grows, like geografic toung then gets to normal al this going on for a year straight . the roof of my mouth feels scratchy also. my head doctor gave me amoxycilin 500s once but nothing . i also get a bad allergy (red)all over my body itchy, dont know if its related to this but it doesnt go away neither.
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Swollen inflammed cheek can be because of allergic reactions, vitamin deficiencies, inflammation of the lymph nodes, parotid gland, underlying dental infections, presence of cysts and tumors.

Geographic tongue occurs due to immunological causes or nutritional deficiencies.
I would suggest you to visit to an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and get the checkup done.
Take an x-ray if needed.

Take multivitamin tablets.
Avoid eating of hot and spicy foodstuffs.
Maintain a good oral hygiene and use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily.

Hope this helps out.


Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor