Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Cheek pain, lump in jaw, pain on touching. Cause of concern?

hi I have had some pain i guess you could say in my cheeks. Often my jaw feels stuck disabeling me to show emotion. Its.been around for quite some months now. I can feel it feels like a minni ball inside of my cheek on start of jaw line.if i rub the ball or squeeze on it it is quite painfull. .its been very uncomfortable do u know what this could possibly be? and where should i go to get it checjed out?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This might be inflammation/infection of the salivary gland (parotid).If bilateral it might be mumps.However the possibility of dental cause like caries etc has to be ruled out.I suggest to seek an opinion of a physician as early as possible.Hope this helps.Take care.
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor