Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Cheek has tingling sensation. No inflammation. But dizziness and headaches. Why?

hello, A 50 yr. old patient reported to the dental clinic with tingling sensation over the right cheek region for 2 months. No h/o trauma, dizziness , severe headache, paraesthesia, running nose , URTI, blurring of vision. No sign of inflammation, no tenderness over maxillary sinus region. NO intraoral pathology detected which could explain the symptom. please kindly give your opinion on the probable causes of the symptoms with treatment plan.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  379
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
according to the dental history pf patient it seem that
patients nerves are affected.i would like to know about
patients oral habits like smoking or tobacco chewing
because ingredients present in it irritates the mucosa
causing tingling sensation.i would advice to give
neurobian forte for relief and refer to neurologist.
In case of smoking or any hazardous oral habits kindly
dont continue.avoid rubbing your cheeks.mantain oral
hygiene.rinse mouth with warm saline water twice daily.
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
as per of case history, depicting, Tingling sensation, paresthesia, URTI, blurring of vision since last two months, are some of the sign and symptoms pointing towards some sort of GROWTH, Causing nerve compression. the growth may not sometimes be obvious intra orally. First of all, Kindly make sure about any other medical problem viz. DIABETES/ Hypertension.
You haven't provided with any radiological investigation details. still first of all a simple dental xray of affected region is must for any possible pathology inside.
Then Either you can advise for a additional radiograpghic examination (Lateral Ceph/ CT scan) of right facial area or you must seek an ENT surgeon opinion.
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
hello and welcome,

check the area for any decay or gingivitis or periodontitis associated.
it can be related to parasthesia ,which is the numbness occuring without any long-term physical effect.
there may be a chance of sinusitis or space infection.
get an x-ray of the area to rule out the underlying pathoses.
if there is periapical infection,access opening and drainage of pus ,if present has to be done.
get thorough scaling done for your teeth.
all the physical examination and lab investigations has to be checked.
maintain good oral hygiene too.take care.
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor