Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Chain, neck, collar bone and chest pain, blood test for my thyroid levels unusual weight gain. Cause?

hi! recently i've started getting a pain under my chin, down the right side of my neck and also the right side of my collar bone and chest. it's hard to pin point where the pain is but it feels like it's starting to get worse especially in my chest/collarbone. i've been meaning to get a blood test for my thyroid levels because of an unusual weight gain. could this be something to do with my thyroid possibly... or even a lymph node? hm?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Actually, pain in the neck is not a significant thing to suspect thyroid problems in particular. In other words, thyroid problems mostly do not have pain in neck as common symptom. However, there are lot of other problems which need to be ruled for this kind of pain like laryngitis, pharyngitis, tracheitis etc. Physical examination is mandatory to assess this. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:

Wish you good health!
Answered: Wed, 16 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor