Cervical length is 2.8 cm during 22 weeks of pregnancy

Hi My age is 29Y and weight is 72.2 Kg. I am 22 weeks pregnant and in latest USG, my cervical length is 2.8 cm. Is it a cause of worry?
Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Hi Shallu,

Welcome to HCM.
Was the cervical length assessment done transvaginally? If yes, then it is significant and indicates possibility of developing cervical incompetence.
If the length was measured trans-abdominally, then the chances of that reading being wrong is very high, because depending on the fullness of the bladder the measurements vary and are unreliable. In such case a repeat assessment by an expert sonologist, by transvaginal route is advisable.