Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Cerebral palsy, tightness in legs and hands, spasticity, athetoid, treatment

Dr i am from XXXXXXXX. My seven years son has celebral palsy , both hands and legs are tight and he cannot talk, walk even to sit is not possible. what can i do to soften his sronge and tight muscles. According to our test with MRI it discovered that he has mix celebral palsy Spasticity and Athetoid. He can hear and see very well. I want to know the cause because my first son also have similar problem on his hands and legs. But he can walk and, talk and do other things but he can not able to lift up something.Thank for cooperation.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
The term cerebral palsy indicates non progressive damage to the brain during delivery or early infancy. If two children in the same family have neurological problem it is better to rule out any other disease. The mainstay of treatment is physiotherapy. Medication and surgical procedures have to be decided after clinical evaluation.
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor