Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Cerebral palsy symptoms in children

my child is a pre mature baby having only 950 gms when born.he is now one year six months he is not able to walk and speak but very sensitive and able to catch the emotions.Local Doctors doubts it as CP and asked us to go to Bangalore.Can i get any benefits out of that.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

yes, ur child seems to be the case of "Delayed Milestones"/C.P(Cerebral Palsy). he requires a proper & regular Rehabilitation(Physical therapy/Physiotherapy) at some good renowned centres, which may help your child gaining some major functions. Make sure that the Therapists are well trained in Neuro-Pediatric rehabilitation.
The rehabilitation may include various techniques as well along with physical exercises:
1) NDT(Neurodevelopmental Technique)- it helps in weight bearing and gaining some major functional movements in the body.
2)Sensory Integration(SI)- helps the child to get connected with the outer atmosphere/environment, maintaing balance and euillibrium.
3)many other physical techniques which helps enhancing Hand-eye co-ordination, Hand-mouth and above all rehabilitation of the child
Li'l more history is required for me, Rest you'll come to know when u approach the therapist. The centres also have their sppech and occupational therapits too.
According to me, you should have approached to a therapist earlier, that would hv proved more beneficial....but nevertheless, approach soon.
I dont know ur location, if you are nearby bangalore city, thn yes, going there and approaching some good centres(NIMHNS) will definitely help u out.

Take Care and gud luck
Answered: Sat, 1 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor