Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Causes for sore tongue and gums

I have had a sore tongue , sore gums and a pain under my chin for 4 days. Gums and tongue are unusually red and sensitive.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  889
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
These kind of symtoms can be seen in high fever are in case if u are under any medication ? some drugs will cause these kind of symptoms. And if u had any tonsils which are infected will lead to fever and pain under your chin as u said. please consult ENT specialist to diagnose the proper cause. And take needfull antibiotics and pain killer in combination with paracetamol will give u good relief.In case of tonsilitis pz take ogmentin 625 mg for twice daily for five days.
take care
Dr.narayan babu
Answered: Tue, 22 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Ankit Aggarwal's  Response
The symptoms described by you can either be herpetic gingivostomatitis or simply stomatitis. if fever is also there , it can be herpetic gingivostomatitis. but if theirs no fever , than it can be simply stomatitis. if its the former one, drink lot of water, take antivirals( acyclovir ) along with painkillers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, though it is self limiting disease. if its the later, then go for multivitamins along with topical gel like ORAHEAL or MUCOPAIN. apply them 3-4 times a day .

wishing you good health
with best regards
Dr Ankit
Answered: Sun, 6 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

This condition of yours is called as Stomatitis. Stomatitis is an inflammatory lesion of the oral cavity mucosa. It is noticed in various conditions such as long standing fever, poor nutrition, vitamin deficiency, allergy to medicines, etc. You will require a short course of steroids with vitamin supplements containing B-complex. Also, drink plenty of warm water; avoid smoking/alcohol/hot beverages/spicy food.

Wish you good health

Answered: Sun, 11 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
i read your problem,it seems a case of herpetic stomatitis..............
i will suggest you please go to a specialist(oral pathologist) as soon as possible,and go for whole mouth examination done........
and follow all the instructions given properly.............
nothing to get worried.........
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor