Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Causes for having irregular and absence of period with no other symptoms?

hello, im 19 years old. ive had very irregular periods since i got it when i was about twelve. its about to be four months since my last period went away and i still havent gotten it. i know i am not pregnant because i am not sexually active. i dont feel sore anywhere nor bloated. ive read some articles online about some possible causes for my missed period like amenorrhea and polycystic ovarian sydrome. im very concerned as to why its this late. help! this is marylin by the way.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your irregular period is due to hormonal imbalance.
Hormonal imbalance can occur due to long working hours ,shift duty,tension,anxiety,ovarian disease etc.
You have to consult your doctor as it has history of 7 years to rule out ovarian disease.
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor