Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
134 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Cause and cure for palate ulcers

I seem to have palate ulcers (at least that's what i think they are) very sore to eat and swallow this is day 3 now.When i touch them with my tongue they feel like deep holes i am wondering if i need to seek med advice either Doc or dentist?? I don't smoke nor drink i am 43yrs old and slightly over weight(about 1-2 stones)
Wed, 16 Jul 2014
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for consulting HCM,

Read your query, as you have ulcer on palate this can be due to stress related , Nutritional deficiency, Herpes viral infection , or due to thermal burn also ,
For this I will suggest you to consult dentist and go for examination of Ulcer , if needed go for Cytology of ulcer , in meantime you can apply ointment triamicinolone acetonide paste on ulcer , you can take vitamin B supplement by consulting with your doctor .

Hope it will help you.
Wishing you godd health.

Dr. Priyanka tiwari
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S's  Response
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
The ulcers on the palate could be because of aphthous stomatitis that occurs most often secondary to stress.
The other possible cause could be secondary to trauma like tooth brush injury or from food particles. It can also be from the herpes virus infection.
If it is traumatic ulcer or herpetic ulcer, you can take topical anesthetic and analgesics like anabel gel. apply 3-4 times daily before food.
If it is aphthous ulcer you can take topical anesthetic and analgesics like anabel gel. apply 3-4 times daily before food and topical steroid like triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% 4-5times daily after food.
Do saline gargling. If the lesion does not heal in 5-7 days then consult a oral physician and get it examined.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My brother who lives in England has had mouth sores on the top of his mouth for 22 days and they will not go away he also has a rash on his chest....