Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Cartilage displaced from joint. History of seizures. Where can I find a doctor who uses rich platelet injections to regenerate cartilage?

I had a grand mal seizure a year ago and when I hit my jaw on my desk it turns out the cartilage was displaced from the joint . I have a retainer from the dentist but I need to get the cartilage in the joint again. Is there an orthopedic doctor in northern va that uses prolotherapy or rich platelet injections to regenerate cartilage?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I would encourage you to seek orthodox methods to treat your symptoms. there is no good scientific evidence that prolotherapy works. in fact there is no proven method currently of regenerating damaged articular cartilage.

best wishes
Answered: Tue, 29 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor